Friday, June 21, 2013

Book and Movie Review: Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Book: Warm Bodies
Author: Isaac Marion
Publication: October 28, 2010
Source: Local Library
Rating: 4/5 stars
Summary (from Goodreads):
'R' is a zombie. He has no name, no memories and no pulse, but he has dreams. He is a little different from his fellow Dead.

 Amongst the ruins of an abandoned city, R meets a girl. Her name is Julie and she is the opposite of everything he knows - warm and bright and very much alive, she is a blast of colour in a dreary grey landscape. For reasons he can't understand, R chooses to save Julie instead of eating her, and a tense yet strangely tender relationship begins.

 This has never happened before. It breaks the rules and defies logic, but R is no longer content with life in the grave. He wants to breathe again, he wants to live, and Julie wants to help him. But their grim, rotting world won't be changed without a fight..


My Thoughts:
I have to first say that Warm Bodies was probably not the normal type of book I would read if it wasn't for the movie. I originally had no interest in the book or movie until my sister talked me into to. I made room for it on my TBR list.

I started off really liking the book then it hit a point where the book got slow. I haven't read a zombie story before, but I was glad this one lack blood and gore. After R met Julie the book really took off although there was some slow parts. R is a zombie he isn't the normal heroin of a romantic story, but for a zombie love story he was pretty good. Julie acceptance of R was amazing.

Overall I enjoyed this book. It wasn't a book I absolutely loved, but I don't think I was the right candidate to fall in love with a zombie love story. This book was different and the author obviously had a good idea for it to be made into a movie. The ending of Warm Bodies was really cheesy, but I was okay with it because I felt the book needed a happy ending.


Credit



Movie:
The movie was also very well done and followed the book almost a tee. It left out a few unnessary parts and changed a couple of points from the book. As an adaptation the movie was top notch. I really liked how the film showed the characters and explained R's life. The movie had a few dry parts also that followed the book, but I didn't enjoy those moments in the book either. I suggest you watch it for yourself. They don't show anything that deals with blood, but there were a few moments I could have done without. I don't get into horror movies. This was far from one. At its heart it was still a love story. I suggest you give the book and movie a try.


Thanks


Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.