Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Books I have Read so Far this Year



Top Ten Books I have Read so Far this Year


Click on the title for my review.
1. Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah tops my list at number one because I have never read a more emotional, heartfelt book that had so many values. This book touched me in ways I can not explain.

2. City of Ashes is a book a just finished, but a book I fell in love with. I love learning more about Clary, Jace, Simon, Alec, and Isabelle. My review will be up soon.

3. Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer- When it comes to this series I can't choose which one is my favorite. The whole world that Marissa Meyer created is fantastic. The characters are loosely based on the fairy tales, but are original works. Simply amazing series that I would recommend.

4. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult- Jodi Picoult ranks the top of my list of favorite authors so of course I fell in love with her new book. This book was full of mystery and the story of a jewish woman during WWII. I really enjoyed this novel.

5. The Host by Stephenie Meyer although this book is large and took me a number of days to read I fell in love with this book and movie. This book isn't the twilight series although I liked the twilight series also. The Host has a fantastic world and amazing character development.

6. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Although I rate The Time Traveler's Wife as number one on my all time favorite books I didn't feel I could put it so high on this one because it wasn't my first time reading it this year. The Time Traveler's Wife is a truly emotional novel that tests the constraints of time. 

7. Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett. I really fell in love with Rapunzel Untangled. I found the twist the author put on the typical Rapunzel story to be amazing. 

8. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. This was the final novel I had to read to complete all of Sarah Dessen's books and I'm happy to say it quickly became one of my favorites. Just Listen had amazing characters that really drove the novel. 

9. Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin by Liesl Shurliff. Rump was so adorable and I loved remembering the original tale while looking for the twists the author put on the story. Especially the twist on names that she put in the novel.

10. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. The original novel of Peter Pan. I fell in love with this novel and learned that Disney did a pretty amazing job when it came to adapting the movie from this book.


Thanks for reading


Rachael

16 comments:

  1. Cinder made my list too, and Peter Pan! I loved reading that one! :) Thanks for stopping by my TTT list!

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Rapunzel the other day (Of course that's a must read for me haha) I got about half done with City of Ashes and then got caught up in review books and haven't been able to finish it yet unfortunately. Look forward to your review :) Thanks for stopping by my TTT

    Sheri @ Tangled Up In Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be up soon. I hope you will finish it.

      Delete
  3. Rump looks cute!! And Just Listen and Firefly Lane are 2 of my old school all-time favs. Oh and Storyteller, I need to read that!! I need to catch up on my Jodi Picoult!

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to catch up on Jodi Picoult. I love her as an author. Just Listen and Firefly Lane were amazing. I can't wait to see how the sequel to Firefly Lane, Fly Away is.

      Delete
  4. Cinder and City of Ashes! LOVE! It's been so long since I read The Host, but I do remember liking it more than I expected to.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. Read almost every book on it. Thanks for stopping by my TTT :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Cinder but all the raving reviews for Scarlet are making my hands itch for them!' Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunters are all over the blogosphere and I'm still left out of the party haha. I'm planning to started City of Bones sometime next month, out of peer pressure! :P

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get started Alicia and get in on the party.

      Delete
  7. Everyone's got to read Cinder! And we all love Cassandra Clare because of her amazing imagination and her world of Shadowhunters.

    Followed!

    My TTT... Don’t forget to follow via Bloglovin’!

    - Nova @ Musings of a Blogder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such amazing novels. I love Marissa Meyer and Cassandra Clare.

      Delete
  8. Loved The Storyteller!!! And I want to read Rump so badly! Soon, very soon!

    Thanks for stoppin' by my TTT! Sorry I am replying so late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally go read it. It was a great book and a great twist on the fairy tale.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.