Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Book Review: All I Need by Susane Colasanti (no spoilers)

Book: All I Need
Author: Susane Colasanti
Publication: May 21st, 2013
Source: Local Library
Rating: 3/5 stars
Summary (from Goodreads):
The last night of summer is only the beginning.

Skye wants to meet the boy who will change her life forever. Seth feels their instant connection the second he sees her. When Seth starts talking to Skye at the last beach party of the summer, it’s obvious to both of them that this is something real. But when Seth leaves for college before they exchange contact info, Skye wonders if he felt the same way she did—and if she will ever see him again. Even if they find their way back to each other, can they make a long-distance relationship work despite trust issues, ex drama, and some serious background differences?

 Teen favorite Susane Colasanti returns to the alternating-voice style of her beloved debut When It Happens in this Serendipity-inspired story about summer, soul mates, and the moments that change our lives forever.


My Thoughts:
I went into this book not expecting much. I was just looking for a great summer book. I have read a couple other books by Susane Colasanti and I always come away feeling somewhere in the middle. I didn't hate the book, but I didn't love it either. All I Need was unfortunately no different. If I could pick one word to describe this book it would be Cheesy. If I could pick one word to describe my feelings about this book it would be disappointed.

I started this book as a break from Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen when the book was going through a rough, slow patch. I figured All I Need would be a quick read because it would be so good, but I found myself struggling with this book also. Skye and Seth were not the best characters. I just felt that they were both really flat and boring. I think they both needed some major development because I felt no connection to either one of them.

Skye and Seth's relationship was a big part of why this book was so cheesy. They got to together really quickly after meeting and it was like they were suddenly in love. Instant Love all the way with this one.

I will recommend All I Need, but as I discussed above this book is very cheesy. I could recommend many more contemporary fiction where you will feel so much more connected with the characters and invested in their story rather than how I felt through this book. I felt like I was reading the book just for the sake of reading it. I liked this book, but didn't love it.

Thanks


Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.