Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 End of the Year Book Survey

My 2nd year participating in the 5th Annual End of the Year Book Survey hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner




Number Of Books You Read:

68 as of December 21st. Hoping to finish a couple more books yet this year. 

Number of Re-Reads:

I reread 2 books, which were Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


Genre You Read The Most From:

YA Contemporary was my main genre, but I also read quite a few YA Fairy Tale retellings.

best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2014?

I don't have a clear cut winner this year like I did in 2013. I read so many great books this year. I will be announcing my Book of the Year in January. Right now some favorites were Cress, Pivot Point, Incarnate, Open Road Summer,  City of Heavenly Fire, The Distance Between Us, On the Fence, leaving Time, and  Burn for Burn

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? 

Open Road Summery by Emery Lord. This book blew me away. 

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. I read this book and then I told my sister she needed to read it. 

 5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?

- Best Series Started: tie between NewSoul Trilogy by Jodi Meadows and Burn for Burn Trilogy by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

- Best Sequel: Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Best Series Ender: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?

I discovered so many so this is really hard, but I'm going to have to give this one to Jodi Meadows, Emery Lord, Jenny Han, and Siobhan Vivian. 

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

-The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

-On the Fence by Kasie West.

9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

-I don't really have any books that I want to reread in 2015 at this point.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?


I really loved the covers for Infinite by Jodi Meadows and Open Road Summer by Emery Lord.

11. Most memorable character of 2014?

-Kat, Lilia, and Mary from Burn for Burn Trilogy by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
-The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?

-True Colors by Kristin Hannah

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? 

 -Burn For Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian and Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?

-I'm going to skip this one. 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

- Shortest: Free Four by Veronica Roth (13 pages)
- City of Heavnely Fire by Cassandra Clare (725 pages)

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

-Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
-Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

-Addie and Trevor from Pivot Point by Kasie West

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

-Oscar and Callie from The Real Boy by Anne Ursu

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

-Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
-True Colors by Kristin Hannah
-On the Fence by Kasie West

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

-Burn for Burn Trilogy by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?

-Sam from the NewSoul Trilogy by Jodi Meadows

-Kai from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (been crushing for awhile now)
-Brayden from On the Fence by Kasie West

23. Best 2014 debut you read?

 -Open Road Summer by Emery Lord

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

 -City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
-Cress by Marissa Meyer

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

-They were all fun, but I'm going to give this one to The Real Boy by Anne Ursu

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?

-City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
-True Colors by Kristin Hannah
-Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

-Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

-Infinite by Jodi Meadows

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?

-The Real Boy by Anne Ursu
-The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
-The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
-Ash by Malinda Lo

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

-I'll pass this one. 

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014? 

-I found a lot of great ones in 2014. My favorites are Words in a Teacup, and Katie's Book Blog

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014? 

-I don't know if I really had one this year. 

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

-I don't think I had one of these either.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

-I loved the Read-A-Thons this Year. Also the Spring Sequel Challenge, and Summer Reading Program

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?

-I recieved a lot more review requests this year, but I was trilled when Jodi Picoult's publish offered me a copy of Leaving Time. Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors and it was an absolute honor to read her book early. 

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

-My review of Looking for Alaska by John Green which I read in 2013. A lot of my A Month of Rapunzel Posts gained a lot of attention. That was such a fun event to host on my blog. 

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

-Any of them would be great. I love comments as do most bloggers.  

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

-I really love watching Booktube videos, but this isn't really a new discovery. I was watching booktube before I started blogging. 

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

 -I completed almost all of my challenges for this year and I'm working on signing up for next year's challenges. 
looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?

 -Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?

-The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

-Debuts just kind of fall into my lap. I don't pay too much attention to them otherwise. 

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?

-Winter by Marissa Meyer
-otherwise most of my current series have already ended. 

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?

 -Host the Library Books Read-A-Thon once again in June. 
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
                                         -I have not read any 2015 releases yet. 

2 comments:

  1. Yeesh.. we were both kind of late posting this post weren't we!! LOLOL! I am also an Incarnate pusher. Those books are just so good to me, I don't know why. I just love the concept. Interesting story telling. I can't wait for Winter either. That should be so good ... I CAN'T WAIT!

    End of Year Survey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is going to be amazing. An epic conclusion to the series for sure.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.