Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Post #2: Its all about those Books

Hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Last Week On the Blog

Random Reads Wrap Up (all the wonderful books I read this year for my Random Reads feature)
Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant to Read
Book of the Year Winner
Bout of Books Wrap Up

I returned to school this week. So far I'm enjoying my classes, but I'm realizing that this semester is going to require a lot of work. I think my early childhood class is going to be fun because we have to participate in kindergarten round up and spend 3 hours at a childcare center (pretty easy since I work at one). My world geography teacher is chinese and she actually grew up in China. We have to interview a person that is from latin america, asia, or africa that has come to America. The purpose of this project is to learn more about the US through another person's eyes. We know a couple of people. We will see how this goes. Otherwise my classes are pretty standard. I will do more updates as the semester goes on. The school of education loves group projects and it looks like I will be doing quite a few this semester.

It was really nice to see my friends and my roommate and catch up this week. It is always hard finding a new schedule and getting back into the routine. My schedule coordinates really well with my friend, Rachel's schedule and conflicts with my friend Lynette's schedule. It was the opposite last semester so I will get to spend more time with Rachel this semester. Rachel and her boyfriend also got a hamster this week named Strider. My roommate is missing a lot as she now has her boyfriend full time on campus instead of living three hours away. I expect to get to see her more soon as she gets used to him being on campus.

Otherwise not much is new. I'm home for the weekend. My sister is attending her 2nd to last formal. I did end up making it swimming this week for my #fitreaders challenge. I went swimming on Tuesday for 45 minutes and Thursday for 40 minutes. I will hopefully return to running this week also.

Read This Week

I finished Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins this week.

Currently Reading

Sold for Endless Rue by Madeleine E. Robins

So far I'm enjoying this book although it is a little heavy on information at times.

Snagged at the Library

I didn't get any new books this week from the library. You can check my library book haul from last week for my current check outs. 

New Books

Okay so I'm not supposed to be buying books this year unless I use gift cards or earn them through my reward system, but I kind of broke that this week. Most of these books are from The Book Outlet's boxing day sale where we got 9 books for $23.80. This was purchased before New Year's and therefore does not count as 2015. The three books from Amazon were purchased after New Year's and cost me 11.77. I had amazon giftcards, but it didn't cover everything. 

Book Outlet
The Story of Us by Deb Caletti
Forever Summer by Alyson Noel
Meant to Be by Lauren Morill
This Song will Save your Life by Lelia Sales
Golden by Jessica Kirby
You Against Me by Jenny Downham
The Wide Awake Princess by ED Baker
If We Kiss and Kiss Me Again by Rachel Vail

Christmas
Girl Online by Zoe Sugg (thanks mom and dad)

Amazon
Zac and Mia by AJ Betts
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour

So tell me which books should I put as top priority and read first. I will have my entire TBR shelf posted at some point this week. We have a lot of wonderful books on our shelves that I hope to get to soon. 

Events this Week


I started this read-a-thon at 23% through Fallen by Anne Hunter and I'm currently 32% through Fallen. I didn't get much reading done this week. I also started Cruel Beauty by Rosamond Hodge as an audiobook and I'm 4 hours into the audiobook. I will probably finish Cruel Beauty this week and make progress in Fallen. 

I don't have any events that are happening this week, but the next COYER read-a-thon will be happening starting the 24th as well as the Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon starting on the 26th. 



Have a Great Week! 

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good week! :) I assume you're an education major?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an elementary/special education major. I'm enjoying getting into more of my major classes.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your going to have an exciting semester! I'm taking a alternative teacher certification class right now, so it's exciting to hear about others doing childhood education course work. Good luck getting back into a new routine! Lots of great books - good job getting most of them before 2015 ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to not put a big dent in the book budget. The February library book sale will be coming up and that is my weakness.

      Delete
  3. Great book haul. I have heard AMAZING things about I'll Give You The Sun and can't wait to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you'll have a busy but fun semester. Nice book haul, I've heard good things about Zac and Mia, it's on my wishlist and the author is an Aussie so bump that one up your list lol. Love Jandy Nelson too and Deb Caletti ... happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will make sure to bump those up on my list. I have never read a book by Deb Caletti, but she has so many that I would like to read. I'm hoping to go for a quick run tomorrow after class. I'm glad you got some swimming in last week. I'm working on creating a workout schedule with my friends, so that often keeps me more on track.

      Delete
  5. PS well done on the swimming too, I did a little swimming last week. Hope you can squeeze some running in :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.