Friday, January 22, 2016

Challenges 2016 Part 2

So its not like I need any more challenges. As you all know I have plenty to keep me busy over this year, but I found a few that really interest me and didn't make it into my original challenge sign up.



The goal is to complete one or all five of the paths. I think I'm going to go with the green path. This challenge runs until April 1st. 
Pink
Book with LGBTQ Romance:
Clairvoyance/Sixth Sense:
Characters with Code Name:
Scandinavian Born Charcters:

Yellow
>500 pg book:
Dragons:
Book to Movie Adapatation:
Novel with a Map:

Green
Stand-A-lone Fantasy: Soundless by Richelle Mead
Single Word Title: Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Enchanted Forest:
Strong Female Friendship:

Blue
YA Fantasy:
First Book in a Series:
Purple Themed Cover:
Supernatural Fued:

Purple
YA Sci-Fi:
Novel with a Rebellion:
Prince or Princess:
Last Book in a Series: 

Hosted by Novel Heartbeat
I'm going to try to complete as many squares as possible. I don't believe I will finish the entire card, but if I do that is great. 

B
Listen to an audiobook:
A book with a number in the title:
Read a dystopian
A book with star-crossed lovers:
A book with more than 600 pages: 

I
An author’s sophomore book:
A book with an animal sidekick:
A book that made you cry:
A book with an antihero:
Read a book with a cat:

N
A book with red on the cover:
An author you’ve never read:
A book with a sword or dagger on the cover:
A book with a steamy romance:

G
Re-read an old favorite:
A book with a one-word title: 
A book with a shifter:
A book with a male protag: 
Read a middle grade book:

O
Read an anthology:
A book that’s been on your TBR for a long time:
A book from a debut author:
A book from a genre that’s outside your comfort zone:
Read a book you own:


This is a goodreads group. It is not only reading 52 books in a year it is specific challenges to complete with 52 books. I completed the first 2 weeks and I'm excited to see how many I complete. I do not expect to complete all of them, but if I achieve over 20 I will consider this challenge complete. 

The 2016 List
1. A book you meant to read in 2015, but didn't: Wonder by R.J. Palacio
2. A book set in a different continent: Soundless by Richelle Mead
3. A book from the Goodreads Choice Awards 2015 (winner or nominated)
4. A book by an author you discovered in 2015 
5. A book with a title beginning with the 1st letter of your name
6. The highest rated on your TBR
7. A book about books
8. A classic book with less than 200 pages
9. A book that was mentioned in another book
10. A book by an author you feel you should have read by now
11. A book from the Rory Gilmore challenge
12. A childhood classic
13. Reader’s Choice
14. A book with one of the five W’s -or H in the title (Who/What/Where/When/Why/How)
15. A book set in the past (more than 100 years ago)
16. A book from the top 100 mystery novels
17. A book with a beautiful cover
18. A book on a summer/beach reading list
19. A non-fiction book
20. A book with a first name in the title
21. A book from the Goodreads Recommendations page
22. The first book in a new to you series
23. The next book in a series you are reading
24. A "between the numbers" book of a series (0.5, 1,5, 2.5, etc.)
25. A book whose main character is in a profession that interests you
26. A book everyone is talking about 
27. A book with a beautiful title (in your own opinion)
28. A biography, autobiography, or memoir
29. A book by an author who writes under more than one name
30. A fairytale from a culture other than your own
31. A work of young adult fiction
32. A historical fiction book
33. The 16th book on your TBR 
34. A book about mental illness
35. An award winning book
36. An identity book - a book about a different culture, religion or sexual orientation
37. A book that you've seen the movie of but haven't read
38. A book about an anti hero
39. A previous suggestion that did not make it into the list
40. A novella from your favorite genre
41. A book about a major world event (fiction or non-fiction)
42. A top 100 fantasy novel
43. A book about a thing that goes bump in the night
44. A book you're embarrassed to read in public
45. A book related to a hobby or passion you have
46. A crime story
47. A book with a type of food/drink in the title
48. A dystopia
49. A book with a great opening line 
50. A book originally written in a language other than English
51. A short story from a well-known author
52. A book published in 2016




2 comments:

  1. I had looked at the Reading Bingo challenge for a while and finally decided to sign up. I never would have found the Story Sprites challenge without you posting it and it looks like so much fun. So, of course, I had to sign up for it too. Hope you are having a good time back at college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you do have a busy semester! Make sure to get some sleep in there somewhere and remember to breathe. I had 21 hours one of my semesters senior year and had work study and it was really stressful. My boss gave me the best advice, to take 15 minutes at the end of each day to focus on something other than work and school. It helped me to calm down and feel a little less stressed. You will make it through this and be an awesome teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.