Sunday, May 14, 2017

My TBR List Review: Just One Day by Gayle Forman (no spoilers)

Book: Just One Day
Author: Gayle Forman
Publication: August 20, 2013
Source: Own
Read: Apr 29-May 7, 2017
Summary (from goodreads):

Allyson Healey's life is exactly like her suitcase—packed, planned, ordered. Then on the last day of her three-week post-graduation European tour, she meets Willem. A free-spirited, roving actor, Willem is everything she’s not, and when he invites her to abandon her plans and come to Paris with him, Allyson says yes. This uncharacteristic decision leads to a day of risk and romance, liberation and intimacy: 24 hours that will transform Allyson’s life.

 A book about love, heartbreak, travel, identity, and the “accidents” of fate, Just One Day shows us how sometimes in order to get found, you first have to get lost. . . and how often the people we are seeking are much closer than we know.

My Thoughts:
Just One Day was my April TBR list read. I have had this book on my TBR list since it came out and I purchased it last year. I have wanted to read this book for a long time, but it has been put on the back burner multiple times. I'm happy to have finally read this book.

I think the one word I would use to describe this book is mysterious. Allyson had a roller coaster 24 hours that changed her life forever. Then she had to go home and face the music of normal life. She has graduated high school and heads off to her first year of college. Allyson goes on a journey to find herself.

I have to say the part that I found hard about this book was her obsession with Willem. I couldn't understand how she could feel such a deep connection to him after one day. There were parts of the book that were slower because there wasn't much going on, but overall the book was fast paced. I really enjoyed Allyson's story and her journey through her first year of college. In her year at college she thought about Willem a lot, but this book was more about Allyson overall. Allyson found herself through her quest to find Willem and that is the message I take away from the book. I will be reading Just One Year soon.

This was my April TBR list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.